When was the last time you stepped into a hotel and were blown away by the customer service, friendliness and attention to detail? Honestly, we are rarely overly impressed with hotels and we travel quite frequently, but there was something extra special about Hotel and Nature Resort Handeck.
Hotel and Nature Resort Handeck is a remarkable family – friendly hotel in the gorgeous Grimselwelt area of Switzerland. Not only did the hotel provide us with wonderful accommodations, but Handeck is situated in an area that is full of outdoor adventure.
We hiked, walked over the Handeck Suspension Bridge, took the KWO Power Plant Tour, drove the breathtaking Grimsel Pass, swam, and enjoyed the hair raising Gelmerbahn Funicular. Whew…a weekend full of fabulous activities that kept the entire family actively engaged.
What makes Hotel and Nature Resort Handeck so special:
- The beautiful location
- The attention to detail
- Immaculate and child – friendly rooms
- Incredible staff members that were friendly, helpful and just kind people
- The grounds, including a playground, trampoline, outdoor heated swimming pool and fitness area.
- Hikes accessible right from the hotel grounds.
- A cheese making facility in close proximity
- The ability to rent (free of charge) the hotel’s e- car! Amazing for this car-free family!
- The best apple cake we have ever eaten! A must eat when you visit!
- The delicious meals.
- Gorgeous breakfast buffet.
- Remembering my husband’s birthday with a beautiful cake – priceless!
We all left feeling rejuvenated, relaxed (and families traveling with small children know you often return from vacations longing for down time) and felt like we were able to do and see a great deal on our trip! This hotel is highly recommended for families with children of all ages.