2015-10-06-Morsc_363Did you know that if you have a child that is six years of age and living in Switzerland you need the Junior Travel Card?  For just CHF 30 and available for purchase at any train station (hint, the SBB office located in Barfüsserplatz is not very crowded) is a great value.  Bring your child’s valid identification card or passport and you will receive two cards (one for you and your partner) that must be carried with you and shown at all times during travel.  According to the SBB CFF FFS website, the travel card can be used anywhere “withinthe Half – Fare travel card area.”

Oh, and if you happen to be traveling and forgot your child’s  Junior Travel Card at home, you may pick – up a temporary card at any train station for CHF 5.

Happy travels!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s